These boiled dumplings are easy to make and just perfect for a light meal or served with noodles.
The filling is a mixture of meat and prawns which can be replaced with fish paste too. Served with a spicy, sourish vinegar dipping sauce makes it appetising and tasty. You can use black vinegar sauce, too.
[makes 40-50 wantans]
100 gm minced pork
100 gm plain prawn paste or fish paste
1 stalk spring onions - chopped
enough wantan wrappers [about 100 gm]
1/4 tsp each of salt and sugar
dash of pepper and sesame seed oil
Dipping Sauce [combined
1 tsp each of Szechuan chilli oil, red chilli oil, vinegar and oyster sauce
1 tbsp cooled boiled water
- Combine minced pork and paste with seasoning. Stir until paste is sticky. Mix in some chopped spring onions. Set aside.
- Combine dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Spread some filling onto wantan skin, bring edges together to make the dumpling. Finish doing the same for the remaining ingredients.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, drop dumplings to cook. The dumplings will float to the surface when cooked. Dish up with a serrated ladle.
- Serve with dipping sauce or drizzle sauce over dumplings. Garnish with remaining spring onions.