Followers

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

EZCR#25 - STIR FRIED LEEKS WITH SCRAMBLED EGGS

After having too many sumptuous meals while in Xiamen, I do miss this kind of simple dish which comes to my mind while planning my meals back home.  I told myself, I must cut down on meat and seafood for awhile.  BTW, most Chinese dishes I had there were rather oily except the soups.
This stir fried vegetable dish is quite similar to the Stir Fried Chives with Prawns and Eggs.  The difference is in the vegetable used and the way to make the scrambled eggs.
Here, I used leeks and eggs only.  The proper way to make scrambled eggs is to  mix eggs with some water and fried quickly until soft and cooked, then dish up and return to the wok after frying the vegetables.  The fried eggs remain soft and moist.
Ingredients
[serves 2-3]
3 eggs – lightly beaten with 5 tablespoon water
200 gm chives [kucai] – washed and cut slantwise
Some chopped garlic
Some red chilli shreds
1-2 tbsp oil
Seasoning 
1 tbsp each of  light soy sauce and wine
Pepper to taste
  1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick wok, pour in the egg. Quickly start stirring the egg until cooked and still soft. Dish out and set aside.
  2. Heat 1 tbsp oil, sauté some chopped garlic until aromatic.  Add in the leeks and red chilli.
  3. Quickly stir fry until leeks turned bright green colour. Add in seasoning to taste and fried eggs.
  4. Stir well and dish up to serve.

2 comments:

Sharon D. said...

Just the perfect thing to have with rice ..for me, at least! I love home-cooked meals like these. It's looks really yummy. ^.^

Kimmy said...

Hi Sharon, this is one of the many simple, easy yet tasty dishes which I love to cook. Quick to prepare healthy dishes without compromising it taste and flavours. Very economical too especially for families living on a tight budget.