Followers

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

4321 Fragrant Garlic Pork Belly

Seen this yummy pork belly recipe in Sonia's blog [Nasi Lemak Lover] long time ago.  Jot down roughly the recipe, chucked it in my diary pocket and it went missing in action.  Just last week, I was  looking through my old diary before discarding, then I saw the paper with this recipe.  Looks easy to cook - it really is easy yet delicious and yummy.  This recipe was adapted from Ohbin [according to Sonia].
My hubby tasted it and started asking about what's in this dish.  Once he starts asking question on how to cook a dish, this dish is definitely good otherwise he wouldn't keep quiet.
Recipe Source -  Nasi Lemak Lover [please visit Sonia's blog for the exact details]
Ingredients
[serves 3-4]
400 gm pork belly strips - skin removed and cut into 2 cm pieces
1 bulb garlic - peeled and chopped [used this much as I like garlic]
some chopped spring onions
Seasoning
4 tbsp light soy sauce
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp cooking wine
120-150 ml water
  1. Combine seasoning ingredients [except sugar and water] in a bowl. Set aside.
  2. Caramelise the sugar in a non stick wok [golden in colour].
  3. Add in pork belly pieces.  Stir to coat and mix well.
  4. Pour in seasoning ingredients.  Stir to mix well and bring to boil for several minutes.
  5. Add in water, enough to cover the meat.  Bring to boil.
  6. Lower heat and cover to cook meat for about 30-40 minutes or until meat is tender and water has reduced.
  7. Add in the garlic and stir until gravy is almost thick.
  8. Dish up to serve, garnish with some spring onions.
    Visit this site for Its' Nutritional Facts

10 comments:

ann low said...

Kimmy, This garlic pork belly looks so delicious! I'm going to cook this for my hubby. Thanks for sharing :)

Jozelyn Ng said...

I bring a bowl of rice to eat this tasty pork belly, can you please open the door for me ^_^

PH said...

Hi Kimmy! This dish looks very delicious! My partner is the same, if keep quiet means the food is OK. If very, very nice or not that good, then only he will make some noise. hee...hee....

~董夫人~ said...

hi, kimmy, i cook tis 54321 pork rib today ...haha...so ngam..

Kimmy said...

Hi Ann, I'm sure he will like this if he's a pork belly lover. Very tasty.

Kimmy said...

Hi Jozelyn, give me your number. I'm happy to share this dish with you.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, it's normal? Do you know that whatever I cook/bake for my MIL must be passed by my hubby before it goes to my MIL?

Kimmy said...

Hi 董夫人, OIC, this dish tastes good after resting. Your family will like it.

Karen Luvswesavory said...

Hi Kimmy, wah ! "must be passed by my hubby before it goes to my MIL" ... standards very high. With vinegar & sugar, this dish taste sweet sourish ... like Jozelyn, can I just bring a bowl of rice over to your place too ? I just want some gravy will do ^-^

Kimmy said...

Hi Karen, not that easy to be a DIL, lol. Expectations are very high. Do you know that my MIL wasn't happy when I told her I don't know how to cook some dishes with the ingredients she bought? Praises are hard to come by but I'm happy to have visitors and bloggers comments that are very supportive and comforting. Great inspiration to carry on cooking/baking and sharing.