Followers

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Chicken with Special Ginger Sauce

I can kill two birds with one stone with this chicken dish.  Simply cook the chicken thighs in boiling water then use the stock to prepare a vegetable soup [see recipe here].  Chopped up the chicken thighs and serve with this special ginger/black vinegar sauce and plain white rice.  Isn't it simple enough dinner for a family of 3 on a busy weekday?
Really yummylicious boiled chicken.  Great with this sauce.


Ingredients
[recipe adapted from Yum Yum magazine with slight modifications]
3 pieces meaty chicken thighs - fats and some skin removed 

Dipping Sauce [mixed together]
3 tbsp black vinegar
1 tbsp shaoxing wine
1-1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp chopped ginger 
1 red chilli - seeded and chopped
2 stalks of coriander leaves - chopped
  1. Bring a pot of water enough to cook chicken pieces to boil.  Put in chicken thighs.  Let the water boils again.  Cover, off heat and leave chicken pieces in the water for 15-20 minutes.
  2. Remove and set aside.  
  3. Put all the sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl.  Mix together.
  4. Cut chicken pieces into bite size pieces.  Place on serving plate.

  5. Pour sauce ingredients over chicken and serve immediately.


I'm linking this post to 



I'm also linking this post to Cook Your Books #2 Event  hosted by Kitchen Flavours

  photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg

14 comments:

PH said...

Wah, Kimmy! No need to taste also I know that the sauce is fragrant and delicious! I love boiled or steamed chicken and I will try your sauce.

Esther@thefussfreechef said...

Another simple and delicious recipe Kimmy. I love the sound of that vinegar ginger sauce. Can't wait to try.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, my niece who doesn't eat chopped chillies also asked for more sauce for the chicken.

Kimmy said...

Hi Esther, this sauce is great with the chicken. Not oily at all.

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Kimmy,
This is a lovely dish! I love pak cham kai, and with sauce as yummy as this, I would really enjoy my meal!
Thank you for sharing with CYB!

Chef and Sommelier said...

This is how we make chicken rice at home too! SImple and delicious!

Kimmy said...

Hi Joyce, I would like to prepare this often. It's so easy.....

Kimmy said...

Hi Alvin, sometimes I'm thought simple dishes aren't good or welcome. But they are definitely worth trying.

Zoe said...

Hi Kimmy,

Totally agree that this sauce looks special... I would say... Specially delicious!

Zoe

QembarDelites said...

Looks very delicious even though the cooking method is simple...I am not one who loves to cook meals so simple dishes is always welcomed:)

Kimmy said...

Hi Zoe, I'm still thinking of the sauce and the tender chicken meat, yummy, yummy, yummy. Next time I'll try with free range chicken.

Kimmy said...

Hi Jeannie, me too. Like to cook simple dishes that are delicious otherwise there will be leftovers...

lena said...

hi kimmy, sorry for not visiting lately, just came back from a trip. This looks so good!My mum just to have a smiliar kind of dipping sauce like these except that she also puts in some garlic and uses normal white vinegar.

Kimmy said...

Hi Lena, it's okay. Welcome back. The dipping sauce should be good with garlic since both garlic/ginger blend very well with chicken.