Followers

Friday, March 1, 2013

Rice with French Beans and Pork Belly

Another 1 Dish meal which my family has to eat on the days when I was baking CNY cookies.  Luckily, there were no complaints from my hubby.  I served it with  vegetable soup and sambal belacan.
Ingredients
[serves 3-4]
250 gm rice, washed and drained
200 gm pork belly - skin removed, cut strips
150 gm french beans - washed and cut cubes
1/2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp sliced shallots 
enough water to cook rice
Seasoning 
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1 tsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp light soy sauce
  1. Heat wok with oil, pan fry pork belly until the oil comes out and aromatic.
  2. Push meat aside, add in garlic and shallots.  Stir fry until fragrant and brown.
  3. Mix in the meat, rice and seasoning to taste.  Stir well.
  4. Transfer ingredients to cooker.  Add in enough water to cook rice.
  5. When rice is cooked, stir in the sliced french beans.  Fluff up the rice with chopsticks
  6. Cover to cook vegetables for 5-10 minutes before serving.

4 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, I will not complain if you serve this to me. In fact I will ask for extra helping and extra sambal belacan!

Chef and Sommelier said...

Hi Kimmy! We used to have something similar for dinner at my grandma's place. She would use cabbage instead of french bean... and other ingredients like yam, mushroom and chinese sausage...

kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, I'm glad you like this. Makes preparing a meal for you so easy, hehehe! You are invited.

kimmy said...

Hi Chef, it's true for cooking rice this way, you can use a variety of ingredients and combinations. All will taste nice. The most important ingredient that brings out the flavour is fried shallots.